Benjamin Day 1

Benjamin Day 1

Wednesday 1 June 2011

Heart Transplant!!!

After Benjamin's scary time we had a catch up meeting with peter and Rob. The meeting was not exactly what we thought it would be and we have been told that Benjamin's heart function hasn't improved as much as they would have liked even with his weight gain. They believe there is nothing medically or surgically can be done in Bristol so they would like to put Benjamin forward for a heart transfer at Great Ormond street in London.
Its a major process and involves a life time or after care and medication and there is a limited life span of these transplants and that is only if he is accepted. We will need to go to London to meet with the heart transplant people and decide from there. I want to write more but I'm very drained but will update soon.
On a very positive note Justice is down with me in the half term and he has had his very first cuddle and his first personal smile. Today I had Dave Justice and Benjamin all in the bed space together. I had all my boys with me at once and it was perfect.
Big Chubby baby

No comments:

Post a Comment