Benjamin Day 1

Benjamin Day 1

Tuesday 5 April 2011

Getting Better and showing Improvents 5 April 2011

Kerry is back today. Its her first day back since starting on the Out reach team and its good to see her. We had a catch up and an update and I am now doing Benjamins enoxaparin Injections again. It feels good to be able to wash and dress him and  do his cares and meds. Benjamin still has an on off temperature so clothes don't stay on him too long but he looks cute for the time he does wear them.
Life is getting more confused than ever and harder and the Liaison nurses have been chatting with me and have organised a meeting with Benjamin's consultant so we can have an update of his progress in medical terms.
These times don't seem so bad when I see him moving, interacting and even smiling and I Hope that people reading this don't just cry , they smile too and read the hope we do have. I'm aware that many more people are reading this that I first thought and are crying a lot but that wasn't my intention. This is a sad a story but its also a story of courage, strength and amazing people. Benjamin is a strong boy and the nursing staff are clever, amazing and determined  and my family and friends are a source of strength to me and Dave.
I caught Benjamin smiling the other day and it makes me so happy.
HAPPY CHAPPY !
Thank you everyone xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment