Benjamin Day 1

Benjamin Day 1

Tuesday 5 April 2011

Mothers Day 3rd April 2011

I got a cuddle today and it was great. It filled me with the biggest happy moment I have had in weeks.

We had been in Bridgwater since Saturday sorting the house and spending time with Justice and my parents. Saturday was a full on clean and tidy day followed by a  lovely meal at moms. It was very strange to be home and to sleep in my actual bed. I have to admit I miss it even being surrounded by boxes and mess. Benjamin is doing well, just a few temperature rises but Liz is there so I know he is ok. If anything happened she would be on the phone straight away.
Sunday was a different kettle of fish. I cried all day, or at least tried to push them back. Its been so long and I feel so alone at times that being home and surrounded by my family proved too emotional. Had a good chat with my mom and spent time with Justice. He bought me a lovely card and some very tasty chocolates out of his own money. He is so grown up and so tall.
Loves it on his belly
After another fantastic tea and a nip out to the shops for some normality, we came back to Bristol. We went straight to Benjamin and he was having la ovely time. HE was wide awake and fascinated by the disco ball by his bed. By his bed was a card and a little glass bottle with some flowers. His nurse , Zowie , had gone out and picked the flowers and wrote the card. The card was beautiful and had a little green foot print in it. Under the card was a sheet of little green foot prints and Benjamin had green toes lol. How I kept the tears back I don't know but It finished my day off. I had presents and cards off both my boys and mothers day was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment