Benjamin Day 1

Benjamin Day 1

Thursday 31 March 2011

25th March 2011 Unsettled little monkey

When I arrived Benjamin was propped up after physio and he really didn't like it. His sats kept dropping and his colour was awful. He kept gasping and it was very hard to watch. I really had to fight the tears today, and I know a month or so ago it wouldn't have made me so unhappy but after 5 months its hard to maintain a clear head about all these down times. Kelly was on today so she was being her normal great and protective self. She was keeping the doctors in line :)
Finally we managed to settle him and lay him on his left side. Benjamin was much happier on that side and all his numbers improved. Theoretically he shouldn't have been more comfortable as his lung now had to work harder as it was doing more work,, so who know with our little monkey.
I have been feeling really apprehensive and nervous at the moment as we are just waiting n a date that he will have his diaphragm fixed and the words we are hoping to hear " Hes okay and improving well"

I know its alot to ask but I desperately want to hear those words so I can start to feel better and look forward to playing with my boy again

No comments:

Post a Comment